Cycling Charts Now Available On MasterDATA.com

Cycling charts.  With just a single mouse click, you can now display all of the stock indexes and ETFs in the MasterDATA Compilation List in sorted order based upon percentage net change.  While this new function will not necessarily give you a final trade decision, I find it extremely useful for quickly cycling through our list to find those that look like they have potential.  Then I take a further, more detailed look at those of potential interest using my normal analysis process.  Here is how its done:

• Start at the masterdata.com home page
  • A report displayed toward the top of that page is titled “Index/ETF Net Daily Percentage Change”
  • You can click on any index/ETF name listed in this report and go to its charts.  On Friday, January 16, 2009, the Amex Gold Bugs Index ($HUI) was listed number one, up 5.55%.  Click on it.
  • The statistical report now appears at the very top of this page with numerous charts available in the body (click on the buttons in the left column to select your indicator)

Cycle charts by net percentage gain

• There is something new in the left column.  In this case, you see “$HUI Daily Charts” and under it a green up arrow, $HUI’s percentage change for the day, and a red down arrow.  Notice that if you change the data period by clicking on one of the buttons at the very bottom of the left column, you will see the percentage change for that data period.
  • With the data period set to daily, click once on the red arrow.  On this particular day, the index with the next highest daily percentage change is the PHLX Gold & Silver Sector ($XAU).  By clicking on the red arrow, that chart report page appears.
  • Click on the red down arrow repeatedly and cycle through MasterDATA’s entire compilation list.  Reciprocally, click on the green arrow to go up to the next higher daily percentage change.

For me, I love it.  I have found, the more cumbersome the process for getting from one chart to the next, the less likely it will be done.  I can deal with one click I think.

By the way, those of you with a revenue generating web site, if you are not doing search engine optimization (SEO) you are leaving a lot of business on the table.  Properly done, SEO will get you on page one of the major search engine result page.  To exist profitably on the Internet, you must get on page one.  This is not pay-per-click sponsored advertising (PPC), but the “organic” section that gets clicked on 3 to 4 times more than sponsored ads in the right column of the page.  I am not saying its free, but in the long haul, it is much cheaper than PPC and always much more cost effective than PPC.  SEO is not just putting keywords in your web site.  It involves a lot of skilled, tedious effort over the long term.  But believe me, it does work.  For more information, click here.

MasterDATA Compilation List Revised For 4th Quarter 2008

Our Index / ETF Compilation List is adjusted to, once again, reflect the top 111 trade volume ETFs.  Subject to our inclusion criteria, this list is revised quarterly to reflect the most highly traded, liquid US listed Exchange Traded Funds.

To review all of the additions / deletions to MasterDATA’s Compilation List since the beginning, click here or on “Compilation List Revisions” in the left column under “Categories”.

ETFs falling out of the top 111 top trade volume ETFs for two consecutive quarters are deleted. This means that an ETF on MasterDATA’s Compilation List will remain on the list for a minimum of six months. This also means that our compilation list will always number in excess of 111 ETFs on a continual basis.

For the current MasterDATA Compilation List, please click here.

Subscribers may click on the Index or ETF names below to see numerous composite breadth charts on that issue.  These charts and indicators are available nowhere else on the Internet.

New ETF Additions
These new additions ranked in the top 111 trade volume ETFs on January 2, 2009 (revisions are done the first weekend of each quarter).:

Potential Cut List:
The ETFs listed below previously ranked in the top 111 trade volume ETFs. Two consecutive quarters out of a top 111 ranking will result in the ETF being deleted from MasterDATA’s Compilation List. Charts, reports and datafiles continue to be generated for these ETFs until they fall below the top 111 ETFs for two consecutive quarters.

Deleted ETFs:
The deleted ETFs below experienced trade volume less than the top 111 ETFs for two consecutive quarters.

_