8 New Major Indexes Added – Total of 61 Indexes and ETFs Now Followed and Updated Hourly

In addition to our previous list of indexes and ETFs, charts, reports and historical datafiles are now available to subscribers on the following major indexes:
�
Dow Jones Utility Average – $DUX
Dow Jones Transportation Average – $TRAN
PHLX/KBW Bank Index – $BKX
PHLX Oil Service Sector – $OSX
PHLX Semiconductor Sector – $SOX
Amex Inter@ctive Week Internet Index – $IIX
Amex Biotechnology Index – $BTK
Amex Securities Broker/Dealer Index – $XBD

Eight New Indexes Added To Compilation List

MasterDATA’s list of followed indexes and ETFs now totals 61.  In addition to our previous list of indexes and ETFs, charts, reports and historical datafiles are now available to subscribers on the following major indexes:

(click on any index name below to go to its charts and report)

1. Dow Jones Utility Average$DUX

2. Dow Jones Transportation Average$TRAN

3. PHLX/KBW Bank Index$BKX

4. PHLX Oil Service Sector$OSX

5. PHLX Semiconductor Sector$SOX

6. Amex Inter@ctive Week Internet Index$IIX

7. Amex Biotechnology Index$BTK

8. Amex Securities Broker/Dealer Index -m $XBD

Comments, criticisms and suggestions are always appreciated.  I thank you for your past support and hope you continue with us.  In any event, good trading.

Best,

Larry Carhartt

MasterDATA
The Only Source for Index & ETF Composite/Breadth Reports, Charts & Data
lc@masterdata.com
www.masterdata.com

New Composite / Breadth Indicators Added

As of this weekend, MasterDATA added reports, charts and datafiles on the Amex Oil Index ($XOI).  Several new primary indexes will be added in the near future to round out our followed index/ETF list.

As I mentioned in the last update, focus is moving from program and web site development to actual working trading indicators using the new composite data.  With that in mind, I added a new “relative” chart section to the web site.  How does this connect to developing new trading indicators?  Well, first I wanted to show what can be done with the composite data.  Charts that have rarely, if ever, been available, except to the select few with an in-house program to generate the data, are now readily doable.  More importantly, when beginning to look for new data relationships, I allow myself the luxury of “playing” with the data.  This new chart section is the result.  Undoubtedly, the charts will change as we close in on relationships showing promise.  I call this new section Relative Charts for lack of a better name.  If someone knows an official, industry accepted name, please let me know.  I hate embarrassing myself, although I am pretty practiced at it.

The charts display how the certain groups of indexes and ETFs performed relative to each other as measured by specific composite statistics.  For now, I have broken these groups down into three categories:  major indexes, HOLDRS and SPDRs.  The links below take you to the major index group, but similar charts are available for the HOLDRS and SPDRs:

% Trends Up % > 200 Day MA
Cumulative Net Change % > 30 Day MA
Cumulative A/D % > 18 Day MA
Cumulative A/D Volume % > 9 Day MA
% 1 Year Highs % > 4 Day MA
% 1 Year Lows  

I think once you get there, you will understand what is being displayed.  We are not using rocket science just yet.  When we do, you can explain it to me.  I think the new charts are very enlightening.  More importantly they are a beginning.

After the “play” period with charts is over, I like to work in Microsoft Excel.  No charts.  Just numbers.  In my experience, that is where the real relationships show themselves.  Certainly, anything of significance is ultimately put into a chart, but, in my opinion, numbers paint a picture no chart, by itself, can duplicate.  Think of it as the difference between reading the book and seeing the hit movie version.  Both are good, but the former allows the imagination a bit more freedom to roam.

I hope you are finding the web site charts, reports and data of value.  Certainly, I will not be offended if you scroll down to the bottom of this email and click on the link to remove yourself from future emails (it will not affect your subscription status).  For those that continue receiving these emails, I will keep you posted on new web site additions and related developments.

Comments, criticisms and suggestions are always appreciated.  I thank you for your past support and hope you continue with us.  In any event, good trading.

Best,

Larry Carhartt

MasterDATA
The Only Source for Index & ETF Composite/Breadth Reports, Charts & Data
lc@masterdata.com
www.masterdata.com

New “Relative” Composite Charts and Reports Section Implemented

These charts display a comparison of groups of indexes or ETFs by a specific composite statistic. As always, they are generated hourly and automatically during the trading session for subscribers.

Subscribers may click on the links directly below to go directly to that specific Major Index relative chart and report (includes comparison of $INDU, $SPX, $MID, $SML, $NDX, $RUI, $RUT and $XAU). Similar sets of charts are available for the Select Sector SPDRs and HOLDRS.

% Trends Up
% > 200 Day MA
Cumulative Net Change  �
% > 30 Day MA
Cumulative A/D
% > 18 Day MA
Cumulative A/D Volume
% > 9 Day MA
% 1 Year Highs
% > 4 Day MA
% 1 Year Lows